Ellen Barnes (1855-??)
Ellen Barnes (1855-??) was born in Plymouth, Devon.
William Zacharias Skinner (1847-??) who was born in Deptford.
A possible marriage record is at St James
Westminster London on 25 June 1872 between William John Skinner and Eleanor Barns
with the two fathers named as Henry Skinner and William Thomas Barnes.
In the 1851 census at 50 Bevin Street St Peter Port Guernsey there are recorded:
- Mary E Barnes Head Mar age 24 Portrait Painter's wife born England
- Nephenlite Barnes son aged 2 at home born Guernsey St P Port
In the 1861 census nothing has so far been found.
In the 1871 census at Nolborough St. Newton Abbot are included:
- Mary E Barnes widow age 45 Domestic servant born Guernsey
- Ellen Barnes servant unmarried age 16 born Devon Devonport
In the 1881 census at 22 Fair St., Southwark, St John Horsleydown, Surrey there are listed:
- NB William Skinner not at home
- Ellen Skinner Wife (Head)aged 25 born: Plymouth, Devon, England
- Ellen Skinner Daur aged 7 born: Bermondsey, Surrey, England
- Wm. Skinner Son aged 5 born: St Olave, Surrey, England
- Jno. Skinner Son aged 2 born: St Olave, Surrey, England
- Elizabeth Skinner Daur aged 6 m born: Horselydown, Surrey, England
In the 1891 census at 37 Bennett St., Greenwich there are listed:
- William Skinner aged 44 "Ship's Fireman" born London Deptford
- Ellen Skinner wife aged 36 born Devon Plymouth
- Ellen Skinner daughter aged 17 Domestic servant born London Bermondsey
- George Skinner son aged 16 General Labourer born London Bermondsey
- William Skinner son aged 13 Scholar born London Bermondsey
- Daisy Skinner daughter aged 11 Scholar born London Bermondsey
- Frederick Skinner son aged 8 Scholar born London Bermondsey
- Amy Skinner daughter aged 5 born London Bermondsey
- Lily Skinner daughter aged 3 born London Bermondsey
- Albert Skinner son aged 3months born London Greenwich
In the 1901 census at the Cambridge Rd "The Royal Cambridge Asylum" Kingston upon Thames there was recorded:
- Mary Barnes Elected Inmate Wid age 74 born Guernsey
William and Ellen had children including:
His parents were William Skinner(1819-??) and Mary ??-Skinner(c1820-??).
Her parents are probably William Thomas Barnes and Mary E ???-Barnes.